The Arm of Liberty, 1876-1882
‘The arm and torch of the Statue of Liberty in Madison Square Park, New York. These portions of the Statue were exhibited to raise funds for the completion of the statue and its pedestal. The arm and torch remained in the park from 1876 until 1882.
‘Members of the public could pay fifty cents to climb to the balcony of the torch.’